Friday, November 25, 2011
I'm pretty excited for Christmas, of course, but even more so a little trip occuring the day after. The fam and I will drive down to Washington state to catch up with some rellies (NZ speak... I better translate that. Relatives.) that I havn't seen in way too long. In fact, it has been over a year since we were together in August. What ees thees??
Excited to see a new baby cousin too.
As for today, tomorrow, the day after and the day after that, I will attempt to do homework, productive errands of all sorts, and have a bit of fun and relaxation... all in equal parts before a new work week starts. Man, I'm getting sick of paying to work.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Saturday, October 29, 2011
- Went to work and cooked breakfast for an old lady (98 years old!). Too bad I couldn't eat any of it.
- Read the newspaper cover to cover. I can't remember the last time I've had the time to do that! Who knew you have to complete a three year apprenticeship to "drive" an italian gondola?
- Ate my daily portion of yogurt, fruit and chia seeds. Mmm:)
- Finished and sent in a school assignment while glancing at Facebook and Youtube now and then
- Made Halloween plans ...ish (I still have some convincing to do regarding the haunted house!)
- Fixed my artificial cobwebs. They disturbingly looked a lot like snow which ruined the effect.
I just really like this version of Taylor Swift's song. The little girl is pretty darned cute, too.
Hope all is well where you are today!
Monday, October 10, 2011
- When I went running this morning, I saw many people with their arms full of goodies being greeted at the front door by friends or family
- Two girls who call themselves "Dala". One of their songs is called "Horses".
- Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother
- Personal accomplishments and little victories
- Comfy, colourful hoodies
- Clean air and a healthy body to run around in it with
- Friends to share holidays with
We had our dinner on Saturday and I'm already so excited to do it again next year! Thanks Samantha!
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
I'm back at school now, but only until January when I will be a Licensed Practical Nurse! Woot! My education will have a name! Now off to bed as the Fireball and the Zipper (rides at the fair) have completely tired me out. Who knew I could scream so incessently? :)
Have a lovely night wherever you are. And thanks for reading:)
Saturday, April 30, 2011
May 2 is just around the corner. I can't wait to put my 2 cents in and vote.
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Two weeks ago it was summer where I was. I guess Mexico is (in our reasoning) always summer, it just skips in and out of monsoon season. I started this post the day we were leaving Riviera Maya. I had pulled up a chair in the "office" part of the resort and started writing something about sitting in a glass room with a thatched roof and watching monkeys play outside but hurriedly left that post when I saw my parents running around outside looking for me. I honestly wouldn't have minded missing that airport shuttle!
Pictures to come, as soon as a find a new charger for my laptop. Now, not only do I have no internet at home, now I am without a functioning computer as well! Gasp. I've been transported back 15, maybe 20 years, to a time where knowing stuff wasn't so accessible and empty space on the desk reserved for laptops was occupied by notebooks, maybe, or a typewriter (for the oldtimers), or perhaps the type of paraphernalia that sits on TOP of my closed, useless laptop.
Cheers for now:)
Saturday, January 8, 2011
All I have to say today is that I want an electric car. One of these:
But maybe in yellow. Too bad they didn't quite make it. Maybe the third time electric cars emerge they will hang around.